In a challenging market, Costamere has minimized its re-chartering risk, identifies possibilites to expand in container ship market.
Costamare Inc. is a leading international owner of containerships. Through its subsidiaries Costamare Inc. owns a fleet of 58 vessels aggregating approximately 330,000 TEU.
- Voyage revenues of $95.2 million and $386.2 million for the three months and year ended December 31, 2012, respectively.
- Voyage revenues adjusted on a cash basis of $97.6 million and $392.4 million for the three months and year ended December 31, 2012, respectively.
- Adjusted EBITDA of $62.5 million and $253.1 million for the three months and year ended December 31, 2012, respectively.
- Net income of $22.9 million or $0.31 per share and $81.1 million or $1.20 per share for the three months and the year ended December 31, 2012, respectively.
- Adjusted net income of $23.6 million or $0.32 per share and $91.3 million or $1.35 per share for the three months and year ended December 31, 2012, respectively.
Mr. Gregory Zikos, Chief Financial Officer of Costamare Inc., commented: "During the fourth quarter of the year, the Company continued to deliver positive results.
On the ship management front, the Co-operation Agreement between our manager and V-Ships provides us both with the resources needed to achieve our growth plans and the flexibility to adjust the size of our fleet depending on market conditions in a highly cyclical industry.
Regarding new transactions, we bought a 2003 built approx. 6,000 TEU container vessel for a purchase price of $22.2 million. The vessel has been chartered for a period of 12-15 months at a rate yielding attractive returns with a lot of upside.
At the same time we took advantage of a strong demolition market and sold a 29 - year old vessel; the transaction resulted in an accounting gain of approximately $3.2 million.
In a challenging market we have minimized our re-chartering risk. The charters for the vessels opening in 2013 and 2014 account for approximately 4% and 3% of our 2013 and 2014 contracted revenues respectively."