Units of the U.S. Navy Northern Command continues to work closely with civil authorites in Sandy clear up operations.
Latest update on work in hand:
- Continue to clear debris from NJ Barrier Islands.
- Continue to provide afloat staging base and support to USCG District 1.
- Continue to rebuild Coast Guard Station Sandy Hook.
- Continue dewatering [or pumping out] of Rockaway Beach, NY, and Brooklyn public housing.
- Continued support by NMCB-11 and CRS-4 at Hoboken Ferry Terminal Port Authority.
- NECC’s Fleet Survey Team will go ashore in order to complete tasking in Jamaica Bay.
In the picture: Navy Diver 1st Class Franklin Horn, left, from Temecula, Calif., assigned to Mobile Diving and Salvage Unit (MDSU) 2, and Construction Electrician 2nd Class Gayland Andrews, from Mount Rose, Colo., assigned to Construction Battalion Maintenance Unit (CBMU) 202, start a pump to remove water from basements flooded by Hurricane Sandy during relief efforts in Queens, N.Y.