Marine Link
Saturday, September 24, 2016

Frontline To Partake In VLCC Consortium

June 6, 2001

Frontline Ltd.'s board has finally approved to participate with a 33% interest in a consortium, which will be established to buy 4 VLCCs from Bergesen for a total price of $321 million. The remaining interest in the joint venture will be taken up by other partners in Tankers International. The ships will be financed through the joint venture and it is anticipated that Frontline's equity investment in the 4 ships will be less than $35 million. The board of Frontline Ltd. has further agreed to acquire 47.2% of the K/S parts in the K/S "Moseagle Invest K/S". The K/S controls a VLCC newbuilding scheduled to be delivered from Samsung in Korea in November 2001. Through its investment in Mosvold Shipping Frontline already controls the remaining 52.8% of the K/S. The purchase price for the K/S parts is based on a ship price of $83.2 million. - (Reuters)


Maritime Reporter Magazine Cover Sep 2016 - Maritime & Ship Security

Maritime Reporter and Engineering News’ first edition was published in New York City in 1883 and became our flagship publication in 1939. It is the world’s largest audited circulation magazine serving the global maritime industry, delivering more insightful editorial and news to more industry decision makers than any other source.

Subscribe
Maritime Reporter E-News subscription

Maritime Reporter E-News is the subsea industry's largest circulation and most authoritative ENews Service, delivered to your Email three times per week

Subscribe for Maritime Reporter E-News