Marine Link
Friday, September 30, 2016

JFE to Raise Stake in Shipbuilding

March 6, 2008

According to reports, Japanese steelmaker JFE Holdings Inc said it has reached an agreement with shipbuilder and engineering company Hitachi Zosen Corp to turn their shipbuilding joint venture into a JFE subsidiary. JFE will acquire an additional 34.9 percent stake in Universal Shipbuilding Corp, its 50-50 joint venture with Hitachi Zosen, for 34.9 billion yen.

With the deal, JFE's stake in Universal Shipbuilding will increase to 85 percent while Zosen will hold the remaining 15 percent. JFE said the move is aimed at further increasing Universal Shipbuilding's business efficiency and profitability. Source: Thomson Financial News



Maritime Reporter Magazine Cover Sep 2016 - Maritime & Ship Security

Maritime Reporter and Engineering News’ first edition was published in New York City in 1883 and became our flagship publication in 1939. It is the world’s largest audited circulation magazine serving the global maritime industry, delivering more insightful editorial and news to more industry decision makers than any other source.

Subscribe
Maritime Reporter E-News subscription

Maritime Reporter E-News is the subsea industry's largest circulation and most authoritative ENews Service, delivered to your Email three times per week

Subscribe for Maritime Reporter E-News