Patrol Boat Order for Kvichak Marine
Kvichak Marine Industries, contracted to build a 44.5’ X 13.7’ 'Response Boat Medium – C' for the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s department.
The RBM-C is the sistership of the highly successful USCG RB-M having been adapted to meet the CBRNE Detection mission requirements of the LA County Sheriff’s department. Kvichak, of Seattle, WA, has built four commercial RB-M vessels for various municipalities in the United States.
Designed by Camarc Design, UK, the all-aluminum vessel is powered by twin Detroit Diesel 60 series engines rated for 825 BHP each. Rolls Royce Kamewa FF375S waterjets were chosen as the propulsors with Twin Disc MG5114SC transmission. This combination allows for excellent maneuverability and a top speed exceeding 40 knots.
Additional vessel features include:
• Overall length: 44’ 10”
• Beam, overall: 14’ 8”
• Draft (RFS): 3.0’
• Fuel capacity: 495 gallons
• Top speed: >40 knots
• (2) Rescue zones
• Vector-Stick integrated control system
• SeaFLIR M-324XP
• Kohler 11kW genset for AC power
• Integrated navigation system
• Climate controlled pilot house and cabin
• Heated windows
• D-Rubber push knee
• STIDD shock mitigating seats
• CBRNE Detection
• 800 lb SWL Davit System
• KLEIN 5000V2 Portable Marine Sonar
• New larger below decks cabin space
Delivery is scheduled for Spring 2013.