Navmaster ECDIS Recieves Type Approval
PC Maritime announced that its Navmaster ECDIS has completed the Type Approval process related to the latest ECDIS regulations. The approval programme was conducted under the supervision of Det Norske Veritas (DNV).
New standards and test specifications are applicable to all ECDIS installed from 1st January 2009. These include:
• IMO Resolution MSC.232(82) 2009 - Revised ECDIS performance standard
• IMO Resolution MSC.191(79) 2006 - Performance standards for the presentation of navigation related information on shipborne navigational displays
• IEC Standard 61174 (2008/2009) - Operational and performance requirements, methods of testing and required results for ECDIS
• IEC Standard 62288 (2008) - Presentation of navigation-related information on shipborne navigational displays - General requirements, methods of testing and required test results
• S-63 - IHO Data Protection Scheme Edition 1.1.