OIMOS Expands Operations
Offshore Inland Marine and Oilfield Services (OIMOS) today announced plans to expand operations at the Port of Pensacola thanks to shore-side improvements at the Port allowing more vessel service calls at Offshore Inland’s growing subsea support business base there.
These plans include the installation of a 1200-amp shore power terminal, and a pier-side sewage discharge station to allow for additional service and support for Port of Pensacola customers. There are additional upgrades and proposals for development currently under consideration to further expand the Port of Pensacola’s ability to service sub-sea and marine manufacturing industries, to compliment the following infrastructure and services already available to Port of Pensacola customers:
- Seven warehouses with 265,000 square feet of available indoor storage area.
- Covered railcar loading and unloading.
- On-dock rail service provided by CSX Transportation, Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad, and Rail America (Alabama & Gulf Coast Railway).
- Eight berths ranging in depth from 16 to 33 ft., including 2,360 linear ft. of primary deepwater berths, 1,000 linear ft. of secondary shallow draft berths, and 1,000 linear ft. of shallow draft moorage. Deepwater berths are supported by 1,200 linear ft. of rail trackage.
- A full range of stevedoring services and cargo handling equipment.
- ISPS certified and U.S. Department of Homeland Security & Florida Department of Law Enforcement compliant security force and procedures.
- An efficient, experienced and professional labor force.
State and Local development funds & incentive programs available for qualified projects.