The American Boat Builders & Repairers Association (ABBRA) announces its line-up of topics and speakers for the 2014 ABBRA Boatyard Business Conference.
The event, which focuses strictly on issues important to boatyards, boat builders and marine service/repair businesses, will take place January 22 – 24, 2014, at the B Ocean Hotel in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and will offer conference participants a venue to hear updates on opportunities and challenges facing the boatyard/boatbuilding marine industry sector. Registration is now open.
The conference is entitled "Reflect, Rethink, Refocus: Business Leadership for Tomorrow's Boat Building and Repair Industry" and speakers will offer general session presentations on the following:
- Mark Lindsay, Principal, Boston Boat Works/MJM Yachts – "The Practical Application of "Reflect, Rethink & Refocus" for Your 2014 Business Plan"
- Tracy Mandart, AWMA, Wealth Manager - Regions Bank, Fort Lauderdale, FL - "Succession & Transition Business Planning Is a Hallmark of Leadership"
- John McKnight, NMMA and Gerry Nessenson, ValvTect - "The Facts About Ethanol, Alternatives and What They Mean for Boatyards & Builders"
- Chris Niles, UBS - "Reflect, Rethink and Refocus on the Economy"
- Jillian Murphy, The Syncretics Group - "Leadership at the Edge"
Applicants are advised to register early to receive 2013 rates; members who register before December 8th pay only $295 and non-members pay $395. After December 8th rates will increase to $395 for members and $495 for non-members.
About American Boat Builders & Repairers Association (ABBRA)
Founded in 1943, ABBRA is a national marine trade organization that represents, is dedicated to, and seeks to strengthen and encourage professionalism in the boat building, boat repair, and marine service industry.