Seafuture Sponsored by Italian Trade Commission
The Italian Trade Commission and the Liguria Region are sponsoring an event in La Spezia to facilitate and create collaborations and partnerships between universities, companies, research centers, and other stakeholders in the maritime field.
Seafuture, occurring June 11 through 14, is the first exhibition in the Mediterranean area, open both to companies and research centres. It will host engineers, designers, manufacturers and distributors of sea-related equipment and technology. Seafuture will host a number of thematic and technical seminars, forums, and meetings aimed at sharing up-to-date information and data under all institutional, technical and scientific aspects.
Areas of Interest:
• Infrastructures, Materials and Processes: eco-compatibility, advanced frontier R&D for Naval systems (surface, sub-surface & Offshore platforms; shipbuilding; mobility)
• Eco-compatible solutions for ports, ship and coastal areas. Security and control management of anthropogenic activities. Management, control & prevention of high-risk operations, man-caused extreme natural events.
1. Products, innovative and eco-compatible processes for shipbuilding
2. Innovative and eco-compatible cycles for yachts and mega yachts, design and engineering
3. R&D applied to naval platforms, offshore platforms, energy production and processes
4. Naval and marine systems, automation, components and instrumentations
5. Eco-compatible management systems for harbours and port areas, shipping & handling and information technology
6. Logistic and services
7. New materials and processes for marine applications
8. Underwater techonlogy for fish and shellfish breeding.
Trade Mission Opportunity:
1. The Italian Trade Commission and the Liguria Region are inviting American companies, universities and research centers to participate in SEAFUTURE. Each participant will be provided with a small furnished booth to display products or projects. All expenses are covered if selected.
Travel dates: June 9 –14/15, 2009
2. The Italian Trade Commission and the Liguria Region are inviting one marine industry journalist to attend SEAFUTURE. All expenses are covered if selected.
Travel dates: June 9 – 12/13, 2009
06/11 Technology development for the ocean
Speakers include: Dr. Bono, A.D. Fincantieri and the President of RINA
06/13 CERN’s (Geneva based reseach center) activity - LHC experiment
Speaker: prof. Sergio Bertolucci
Please note – the show organizers are interested in a foreign speaker for June 11th.
Manufacturers and suppliers of products, equipments, instruments, plants and high tech systems; research centres, universities and innovation-focused institutions; specialised press.
The main Italian and international research centres and institutes, most renowned for their high-level technological and scientific know-how, will be present.
A large number of companies and research centres from Europe will be present at Seafuture, displaying a broad overview of state-of-the art international technology and innovations.
1. Centro Interuniversiatario Sistemi Integrati per l'ambiente Marino (ISME) -. Università di Genova
2. Università di Genova DINAV - Dipartimento di ingegneria Navale e Tecnologie Marine
3. Corso di Laurea in Ingegneria Meccanica - La Spezia-
4. Consorzio Universitario per la Geofisica
5. Dipartimento di Chimica e chimica Industriale - Università di Genova
6. Dipartimento di Fisica - Università di Genova
5. CENTRO IDROGRAFICO M.M.
Companies: (an additional 15 will be attending)
OTO Melara SPA
Osservatorio Ligure Pesca ed Ambiente
Consorzio Mitilicoltori Spezzini
Rodriguez Marine System
All the stakeholders with interest in the above mentioned topics.
Chamber of Commerce of La Spezia
ICE (Italian Trade Commission);
Ligurian District for Marine Technologies (DLTM);
Azienda Speciale della Camera di Commercio “Azienda Manifestazioni Fieristiche e Formazione
Azienda Speciale CCIAA “La Spezia EPS”.
Province of La Spezia, Municipality of La Spezia Unioncamere Liguria - Consorzio Alps
In collaboration with:
CNA La Spezia, Confartigianato La Spezia, Confindustria La Spezia
Visit the event website (www.seafuture.it) or contact Beatrice Nanni for more information at the Italian Trade Commission – Miami, 4000 Ponce De Leon Blvd. Suite 590, Coral Gables, FL 33146, Tel. 305-461-3896, Fax. 786-497-8900, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.italtrade.com.