Port Metro Vancouver Release Sustainability, Financial Reports
Port Metro Vancouver informs that it has released its fourth annual Sustainability Report and 2013 Financial Report. Both reports together cover the period of January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013 and provide a summary of Port Metro Vancouver’s overall performance.
Sustainability Report 2013
The report is a Global Reporting Initiative B+ level, independently assured report that provides information on the sustainability topics of greatest significance to Port Metro Vancouver and its stakeholders. It is designed to provide greater transparency and accountability in how Port Metro Vancouver conducts business, and to offer a platform for sharing performance and receiving feedback.
Key accomplishments outlined in the 2013 Sustainability Report include:
- Port Metro Vancouver completed 198 environmental reviews on proposed projects and activities to identify and mitigate effects on land, air and water.
- A 12% increase in participation in the EcoAction program, which promotes emission reduction measures by offering discounted harbour rates to shipping lines.
- Participation in more than 500 community engagement events.
- 82 cruise vessels successfully connected to shore power at Canada Place, enabling ships to shut off their diesel powered engines thereby reducing gas emissions by more than 3,000 tons.
- Port Metro Vancouver was named in Aon (AON) Hewitt’s Green 30 for the second consecutive year.
Financial Report 2013
This report outlines Port Metro Vancouver’s commitment to financial self-sufficiency and the reinvestment of profits to continually improve port facilities, infrastructure, and services for users, as well as to enhance environmental programs and to benefit local communities. Key accomplishments outlined in the report include:
- Re-affirmation by Standard & Poor’s of our AA credit rating, for the fourth consecutive year.
- A 12% increase in overall consolidated revenue, from $189 million in 2012 to $212 million in 2013.
- The purchase of the former Fraser Wharves auto terminal in Richmond for $56 million.
- The completion of the South Shore Elevated Road Structure, on time and on budget.
Both reports are available for download via: http://www.portmetrovancouver.com/en/about/corporate/accountability.aspx