Braemar Shipping Services plc's penetration of the global marine and offshore services sectors continues to develop with the bringing together of its business units under the umbrella control of the Braemar Technical Services (BTS) division.
As was set in train with the results’ announcement in May 2011, BTS will bring a broader service as well as operating efficiency benefits to customers of its technical services businesses - Braemar Casbarian, Braemar Falconer, Braemar Steege, Braemar (incorporating The Salvage Association) and Braemar Wavespec/Wavespec.
BTS’s component business units include:
- Braemar Steege as a loss adjuster in the global energy insurance markets
- Braemar Falconer as a provider of specialized marine and offshore consultancy services in Asia and Australia
- Braemar Casbarian as a provider of specialized marine and offshore engineering and consultancy services in North America and the Caribbean
- Wavespec as a well-established marine engineering consultancy business specialising in the design and construction of vessels carrying liquids in bulk
- Braemar (incorporating The Salvage Association) as a leading multi-disciplinary marine surveying and technical consultancy arm providing services to the world's shipping, offshore energy and insurance sectors.
"We are creating a single entity which will help each of the BTS business units operate even more effectively in the markets they already serve while also provide a platform to offer division-wide solutions to clients in the marine or offshore sectors," says Nigel Carpenter, BTS Managing Director.
"BTS will have the ability to conduct much more engineering in-house, and thereby better control costs. We will have the benefit of being able to tap into more office locations, where we will have survey capability on a first response basis for our clients which again gives us an opportunity to meet their needs more economically."
Michael Chan adds: "Having a local presence also gives us access to local knowledge and culture which is very important. The geographical spread of this new group is impressive and a testament to the vibrancy and market expertise of the BTS group companies."
Quentin Soanes, Executive Director of Braemar Shipping Services plc comments: "The establishment of BTS is part of Braemar's continued plan to be a world leader in marine and energy services. The divisions within BTS are all pre-eminent in their fields and together offer even more comprehensive and integrated services to their clients throughout the global marine and energy sectors."