CMHI and CMA CGM Complete Terminal Link Transaction
China Merchants Holdings (International) Company Limited (CMHI) and CMA CGM are pleased to announce the completion on June 11, 2013 of the sale and purchase of the 49% equity stake in Terminal Link, upon the obtaining of all consents and approvals in various jurisdictions and the completion of certain pre-closing corporate reorganizations as stipulated under the terms of the Acquisition Agreement.
CMHI's intention to acquire from CMA CGM 49% equity interest in Terminal Link for €400 million was announced earlier in January. The Completion was formalised by the signing by both parties of a Shareholders Agreement.
Among the many guests attended the signing ceremony in Luxembourg of the Shareholders Agreement were CMA CGM Executive Officer Farid Salem, China Merchants Group Vice President Raymond Yu, CMHI Deputy General Manager & CFO Zhang Rizhong, CMHI Assistant General Manager Oliver Lam, CMHI Executive Director of International Development Jared H. Zerbe.
Terminal Link owns 15 container terminals in eight countries across four continents, viz:
- Container Handling Zeebrugge at Zeebrugge (Belgium);
- Antwerp Gateway at Antwerp (Belgium);
- Terminal des Flandres at Dunkirk (France) ;
- Terminal de France and Terminal Nord at Le Havre (France);
- Terminal du Grand Ouest at Montoir (France) ;
- Eurofos at Fos (France) ;
- Somaport at Casablanca (Morocco);
- Eurogate Tanger at Tangiers (Morocco) ;
- Malta Freeport Terminal at Marsaxlokk (Malta);
- Terra Abidjan at Abidjan (Ivory Coast);
- Houston Terminal Link Texas at Houston (the United States) ;
- South Florida Container Terminal at Miami (the United States) ;
- Busan New Container Terminal at Busan (South Korea) ;
- Haicang Xinhaida Container Terminal at Xiamen (the PRC).