Marine Link
Saturday, September 24, 2016

Trinity Yachts Reopens Industrial Canal France Road Facility

August 24, 2006

Trinity Yachts, has recently re-opened their original shipyard, located on the Industrial Canal in the Eastern section of New Orleans, Louisiana. The 38 acre yard with almost 10 acres of covered building area suffered badly from the effects of the hurricane water and almost 70% of the work force lost their homes. After partial power, rudimentary communications and general infrastructure returned to the yard and using many local employees to continue the clean-up and repairs, Trinity officially re-opened its doors on July 5th. Fortunately because the New Orleans shipyard is above sea level and located outside of New Orleans levee system, it was not exposed to the weeks of flooding most of the city endured.

With the reinstallation of a 350 ton travel lift and completed repairs to 50% of the covered buildings, the construction of several hulls are well underway. As the area recovers from the effects of the nations largest natural catastrophe, Trinity is quickly ramping up to pre-Katrina projections for the New Orleans shipyard. As many of the original employees are returning to the New Orleans shipyard, and with over 500 employees at the shipyard in Gulfport, Trinity is continuing a tradition of building world class superyachts.

Just as before August 29, 2005, when Hurricane Katrina slammed into the city, the New Orleans shipyard will continue building world class luxury custom yachts such as the world class 180ft MIA ELISE, the 161ft. ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM and the 177ft. KATHERINE to mention a few. Trinity’s reopening of the New Orleans shipyard continues the ship and yacht building tradition along the Industrial Canal. The shipyard was one of the production facilities of the WWII D-Day landing craft created by the famous Andrew Higgins, once called “…the man who won the war for us,” by President Eisenhower. Trinity has centered its main operations here since 1988.



Maritime Reporter Magazine Cover Sep 2016 - Maritime & Ship Security

Maritime Reporter and Engineering News’ first edition was published in New York City in 1883 and became our flagship publication in 1939. It is the world’s largest audited circulation magazine serving the global maritime industry, delivering more insightful editorial and news to more industry decision makers than any other source.

Subscribe
Maritime Reporter E-News subscription

Maritime Reporter E-News is the subsea industry's largest circulation and most authoritative ENews Service, delivered to your Email three times per week

Subscribe for Maritime Reporter E-News