CMA CGM Group is pleased to announce the upgrading of its ASEA service connecting Asia, Kenya and Tanzania, effective since October 12th, 2011. The new ASEA weekly service will deploy 6 ships of 2500 TEU (4 provided by CMA CGM Group and 2 provided by Emirates Shipping Line) and will allow the Group to provideits customers with below pluses:
- Direct weekly service to Kenya and Tanzania gateways
- Deployment of bigger vessels
- One of the fastest transit times from Asia to Mombasa and Dar Es Salam
- Port Kelang Hub: Connection with the CMA CGM’s global network of mainliners and feeders
- An enhanced capacity of reefers in order to meet the growing demand of refrigerated transport on this trade
This new service shows the strong commitment of CMA CGM Group to consolidate its offer from Asia to East Africa key countries in order to support the strong and regular growth of this tradeThe service rotation will be as followed: Port Kelang, Singapore, Port Victoria or Male, Mombasa, Tanga, Dar Es Salam, Colombo and back to Port Kelang.