ABB has signed contracts worth
more than $110 million to supply Azipod propulsion, power-generation and power-distribution systems
for 19 new vessels being built in Europe
The new projects include:
• electrical propulsion systems for nine platform supply vessels, to be built in shipyards in Norway
, as well as one remotely operated vehicle support vessel, one offshore construction
vessel and one light well intervention vessel, all to be built in Norway.
• complete electrical propulsion systems
for a 153,000 cubic meter Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)
vessel from Hanjin Heavy Industries
& Construction of Korea.
• total electrical power system package for one semi-submersible drilling rig for Petroserv, from
’s Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering.
• drilling drive packages for one jackup rig and three drill ships to be built in Singapore and Korea.
• one Solstice-class vessel for Celebrity Cruises, with two 20.5 MW Azipod units for main
propulsion, medium-voltage generators, main switchboards, frequency converters, transformers, and bow thruster motors. The vessel will be built by Meyer Werft of Germany.