CMA CGM Announces New Dry Port in Baghdad
After more than thirty three years of continuous presence in Iraq, the CMA CGM Group will open a new bonded Dry Port near Baghdad in the Abu Ghreib area, in Iraq, in June 2013.
Exclusively managed and operated by CMA CGM, the Dry Port will be the only one in Iraq, giving customers the opportunity to custom clear their cargo near Baghdad instead of Umm Qasr, according their convenience time.
The Dry Port will connect to CMA CGM’s inland transportation network, with a possible railway connection three kilometers away from the site and fast in bond transit from Umm Qasr. The storage facilities for full containers, LCL and refrigerated cargo will benefit from 24 hours surveillance and security services, keeping the cargo safe at all times.
With the opening of its new port, CMA CGM now has four offices in Iraq, two dedicated feeders connecting the Iraqi port of Umm Qasr with Khorfakkan hub, Terminal No. Four in Umm Qasr port.
Specifications of the Dry Port
• Total Surface: 165 000 sqm
• Yard Surface: 90 000 sqm
• Storage capacity: 12 000 TEUs
• Total construction: 8 500 sqm divided into 7 building units
• Onsite CMA CGM administration building
• Container scanner avoiding time consuming manual inspections
• Custom offices located inside the Dry Port