Submissions for the Ship Production Symposium will be accepted in one of two categories:
1. Published paper with a presentation at the conference.
2. Presentation (PowerPoint) at the conference (no paper prepared for publication).
The goal for the SPS sessions is 2/3 published papers with presentations, and 1/3 presentations only. The SNAME Ship Production Committee, composed of the NSRP Ship Production Panel Chairs, will make the determination as to which submissions will be accepted. While any topics related to ship production will
be considered, this year’s theme is Design/Build and What's In Between! Papers relevant to this theme might include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 3D Modeling - Ship Design Operations (i.e. sortie rates, shipboard firefighting, stores load-out)
- 3D Modeling - Life Cycle Issues (assembly/disassembly/removal/re-install)
- Design for Production Guidelines - producibility in shipbuilding
- Integrated Master Planning and the Role of Simulation
- Pre-production Planning based on Common Constraints - space, time, and labor
- Facility Capacity Issues and Potential Solutions
- Managing Contract Execution and Cost
- Effective Change Management - from Contract Award through Delivery
- Environmental, Safety, and Health Issues and their Impact on New Design
- Modern Design Standards in Naval Ship Classes - HME (Hull, Mechanical, Electrical)
- Technology Insertion - the Dilemma
- Cost, Cost, Cost - the Difficulty of Wringing It Out!
- Industry's Workforce of Tomorrow - Will they be prepared and where will they come from?
April 20, 2006 Abstracts due (Rough Draft Papers Preferred)
May 5, 2006 Selected authors are notified
June 23, 2006 Rough Draft due for review and comment
July 21, 2006 Final comments passed onto authors
August 8, 2006 Final electronic submissions due for publication
Rough Draft papers may be submitted on or before April 20th and are encouraged. For details on submitting papers and PowerPoint presentations, visity www.sname.org/author_instructions.htm. All abstracts, papers and presentations should be submitted to Dolly Pelto at email@example.com.