Following the 151st Annual Meeting of Members and of the Board of Directors ABS informs that industry leaders were elected and appointed to serve on several bodies that contribute to the operation of the classification society as it fulfills its mission of promoting the security of life and property and preserving the natural environment. Details of the principal ABS appointments follow:
“ABS is proud to announce such a strong group of marine and offshore industry leaders that will help guide the direction of one of the world’s leading classification societies,” said ABS Chairman and CEO Christopher J. Wiernicki.
During the Annual Meeting of ABS Members, the following individuals were elected to the ABS Advisory Council until they no longer hold office:
- John A. Ryder, SPHR, ABS
- RADM James A. Watson IV, USCG (Ret.)
The following individual was elected for a three-year term ending April 2017:
- Saleh A. Al-Shamekh, President (Oil & Gas), Bahri (formerly known as NSCSA, The National Shipping Company of Saudi Arabia)
The ABS Chairman appointed for a one-year term ending April 2015 to the Classification Committee:
- Greggory B. Mendenhall, Esq., Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
The ABS Chairman appointed to the Marine Technical Committee for a three-year term ending April 2017:
- Mun Keun Ha, Samsung Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
- Jong-Seung Lee, Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
- Sung-Geun Lee, Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Tomoaki Takahira, Japan Marine United Corporation
- Shaj U. Thayil, APL Co. Pte Ltd.
The ABS Chairman appointed to the Offshore Technical Committee for a three-year term ending April 2017:
- Gustavo Adolfo Villela de Castro, Petroleo Brasileiro S/A – PETROBRAS
- Mattias Elgström, GVA Consultants AB
- Jong-Ku Kim, Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Terry L. Loftis, Transocean (North America)
- Captain John Mauger, United States Coast Guard
- David Petruska, BP
At the Annual Meeting of the Board of Directors, the Board elected to ABS membership until he no longer holds office:
- John A. Ryder, SPHR, ABS Vice President, Human Resources and Administration
For a listing of those elected to ABS membership for a 5-year term visit: www.eagle.org