Public Meeting to Address NPREP Guidelines
Maritime industry leaders will convene in Washington, D.C. on June 19 with representatives of the relevant government agencies to have a dialogue addressing concerns with, and ways to improve, the recently published draft National Preparedness for Response Exercise Program (NPREP) guidelines.
Preparing for the contingency of a maritime casualty has long been a priority of the industry, which has often been at the leading edge of improved standards and training. The public meeting will address concerns and issues of vital interest to many communities across the country.
The meeting is scheduled for Thursday, June 19, 2014, from 1-4 p.m. in Washington, D.C., Ronald Reagan International Trade Building, Polaris Suite.
The event will be televised and a transcript made available to any interested parties.
Participating organizations include:
- American Salvage Association
- Association of Petroleum Industry Cooperative Managers
- Chamber of Shipping of America
- Cruise Lines International Association
- Lake Carriers Association
- North America Marine Environment Protection Association
- Passenger Vessel Association
- Spill Control Association of America
- Women’s International Shipping and Trading Association
Those interested in attending the meeting are asked to register by sending their name, position, company affiliation, e-mail and telephone number to Patricia Welch at firstname.lastname@example.org.