Pre-Mooring Safety Inspections at Trieste, Italy
The SIOT/TAL Terminal at Trieste has advised that the TAL Pre-Mooring Safety Inspection program will be modified from 1 September.
The checks at road will affect:
- Any ship at her first call at S.I.O.T. Terminal
- Any ship of 15 years old or less, if the previous check is older than 1 year
- Any ship aged more than 15 years, if the previous check is older than 6 months
- Any ship in TAL Warning List
- Any ship in TAL Refusal List, on trial voyage.
In case of reduced Terminal berth capability (for example with a pier unavailable), any ship the Terminal should judge advisable to be checked in order to reduce the risk of prolonged berthing time (for example in case of overcrowd Trieste road, in case of vessels with heated cargo onboard, subjected recently to incident, that exceed the max. allowable berthing time at the previous call and so on).
(For information about operations in Italy, contact the GAC UK Hub Agency Centre at email@example.com)