The U.S. Coast Guard
, along with local industry and emergency
response organizations, are scheduled to host a Marine Salvage and
Firefighting Awareness Forum July 15 - 16, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the
Delgado Community College City
Personnel from local Coast Guard units, along with the Lower Mississippi
River Marine Firefighting Committee and the Greater New Orleans Port Safety
Council, will address:
* familiarizing the maritime industry, as well as local, state
and federal agencies with the different roles and responsibilities
concerning marine salvage and firefighting efforts.
* strengthening partnerships among agencies in an effort to
minimize the economic impact to commercial industry and the community in the
event of a marine casualty.
* identifying the roles of different organizations and
agencies in response to a marine casualty.
* familiarizing participants with marine firefighting
* reviewing enhancements to the Lower Mississippi River Marine