Oil Spill Response Organizations Merge Operations
Oil Spill Response Limited (OSRL) and Clean Caribbean & Americas (CCA) join up to meet the needs for global oil spill response.
Oil Spill Response Limited (OSRL) is an industry-owned cooperative which exists to respond effectively to oil spills anywhere, anytime. OSRL provides preparedness, response and subsea well intervention services and works closely with other industry organisations e.g. IMO and IPIECA to share expertise and develop knowledge.
Members of the combined organization are widely expected to benefit from this merger; which in particular will:
• Provide Members with access to enhanced response capability and equipment to respond to worst case spill events in the region
• Provide access to a wide range of preparedness services including training, consultancy, technical advice and project support
• Meet regulator and key stakeholder expectations of the industry’s capabilities to respond to a major incident
The integration will help to:
• Broaden and deepen the range of preparedness, response, training and incident management services available to its Members
• Provide effective and coordinated industry engagement with regional governments on preparedness and response issues
• Support the adoption of best practice
OSRL will acquire CCA’s assets and personnel, with CCA’s Fort Lauderdale base in Florida becoming a regional response base supporting OSRL’s global response capability. Members of CCA will become Members of OSRL and thus receive membership services from OSRL going forward.