ALMAR by North River Boats of Roseburg Oregon recently built and launched the first of three 29 x 10 ft. Liberty Walk Around vessels destined for the San Francisco area. The Liberty family of boats features a Wing Hybrid Foam/Air Fender protecting the exterior perimeter of the boat. Capable of speeds greater than 46 knots, this is a high speed craft designed for pursuit, quick maneuvering and excellent sea keeping capabilities. The first of these boats was built for the San Francisco Fire Department and will serve as a rescue platform working near the Golden Gate Bridge. One of its main uses will be for Search and Rescue missions. The next two of these boats will be used for Law Enforcement in the same general areas. The boat is loaded with a number of advanced features to make operations more safe and efficient, including:
• Walk Around cabin designed for ease of movement about the craft
• Sliding side operator and navigator doors
• Excellent visibility with 360 degree coverage and spotter windows
• Spacious aft deck for cargo, MEDEVAC stretchers/stokes, or personnel
• Rescue notches to aid in Search & Rescue and Dive Operations
• Hybrid foam / air fender for hull protection, stability and flotation if swamped
• Twin Mercury Verado 300 hp outboard motors
• Shoxs 6300 shock mitigating seats for operator and navigator.
• Furuno MFD 12 Navnet electronics package
• FLIR Thermal Imaging
Length: 29 ft.
LOA: 34.6 ft.
Beam: 10 ft.
Bottom: 8.25 ft.
Deadrise: 24 °
Draft: 23 in. light ship, 26 in. fully loaded
Lightship: 8,550 lbs
Full Load: 11,500 lbs
Speed: 46.2 knots
Range: 320 NM
(As published in the March 2014 edition of Maritime Reporter & Engineering News - www.marinelink.com)