Lindsay Malen to Speak at Posidonia 2014
Lindsay Malen, Director of Business Development, Marine Response Alliance/TITAN Salvage, will speak on the topic “Salvors: Partners in OPA90 Compliance & More” at the North American Marine Environment Protection Association’s (NAMEPA’s) “Compliance, Cost and Competency in America” seminar being held at the 2014 Posidonia conference in Athens, Greece on Thursday, June 5, from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
“Compliance, Cost and Competency in America” will examine the environmental challenges facing today’s shipping industry. Highlights include: regulatory challenges in the U.S. and around the globe; developing and implementing strategies for achieving compliance; compliance challenges and opportunities; and the cost of noncompliance.
“Compliance, Cost, and Competency in America” Agenda
- Welcome and Introduction – Clay Maitland, Founding Chairman, NAMEPA
- Updates on Regulatory Enforcement in the US – Jeff Lantz, Director, Commercial relations and Standards, USCG Headquarters
- The Cost of Noncompliance – Jeanne Grasso, Partner, Blank Rome LLP
- There are No Shortcuts to Compliance – Paal Johansen, Vice President & Director of Operations, Americas, DNV GL Maritime
- Harmonizing Regulations and Technology; The Ballast Water Management Story – Chris Todd- Sales Director, Hyde Marine
- Salvors: Partners in OPA90 Compliance & More – Lindsay Malen, Director Business Development, Marine Response Alliance/TITAN Salvage
- Zero Pollution Solutions for Age Old Problems – Scott Groves- Business Development Manager, Thordon Bearings
- Whistleblowers- Assets or Liabilities for Compliance – Greg Linsin- Partner, Blank Rome LLP
- Closing Remarks – Clay Maitland
The seminar is open to all members of the marine industry. To register or for more information, email email@example.com