The fifth annual Iron Ore and Coal World Shipping Summit will take place on October 1 in Athens, Greece.
The conference will focus on the maritime transportation of iron ore and coal, making an attempt to forecast the trends of global economy; iron ore, coal and other commodities, production and distribution; the trading markets, shipping capacities, shipbuilding and shipping requirements; the financing and investment climate, shipping innovation effects on ship-values and the environmental imperatives.
Among the Speakers and Discussion Panelists are (as of September 3):
• Nicky Pappadakis, President Emeritus Intercargo and Chairman, I.G. Pappadakis & Co.
• George Gratsos President, Hellenic Chamber of Shipping
• Philip Embiricos Past President, BIMCO (t.b.c.)
• Kirsi Tikka President and COO, Europe Division
• Harris Vafias President & CEO, StealthGas Inc.
• George D. Gourdomichalis CEO, Blue Wall Shipping
• George Tsavliris Principal, Tsavliris Salvage and Chairman INTERMEPA
• Michele Francioni CEO, RINA Services
• Colin Cridland Board Member, Clarksons
• John Su Managing Director, Keen Maritime Services Inc.
• Fabrizio Vettosi Managing Director, Venice Shipping and Logistics SpA., Investment & Advisory
• Evan Sproviero Director, GMS (USA)
• Jeremy Penn Chief Executive, Baltic Exchange
• Apostolos Poulovassilis Regional Marine Manager - Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA), Lloyd's Register Group
• Janos Koenig Managing Director, Eurofin International Ltd.
• Maurizio D'Amico Director, D'Amico Società di Navigazione SpA
• Sean J Foley Business Development Manager, Port2port
• Roberto Cazzulo Chairman IACS
• Wärtsilä Representative Speaker to be announced
• Theo Xenakoudis Worldwide Business Operations Officer, IRI Hellas Ltd./The Marshall Islands Registry
• Leonidas Polemis President, Remi Maritime
• Akis Tsirigakis Founder & CEO, Nautilus Marine Acquisition Corp. (invited)
• David Peel European Manager, RightShip
• Dimitris Lyras Director, Lyras Shipping Ltd.
• Jan Fransen Managing Director, Green Award Foundation
• Helena Athoussaki CEO, Carbon Positive Services Ltd.
• Stefano Bertilone General Manager Greece, Middle East & Africa, Rina Services SpA
• Ioannis Alexopoulos Director, Eurofin S.A.
• John Tzoannos Former Secretary General, Ministry of Mercantile Marine
• Nikos Stratis Senior Investment Manager, Northern Shipping Funds
• Spyridon Zolotas Country Manager, RINA
• Alek Tomazos Managing Director, Wärtsilä Greece S.A.
More panelists are to be announced.