Australia’s CEA to Show Off Hi-Tech Warship Radar
Senator David Johnstone, Australian Minister for Defence, is inviting media and gallery TV to a briefing of the world-leading Australian Phased Array Radar technology at CEA Australia in Canberra on Thursday 27 February 2014.
The developers explain that CEAFAR is an active phased array radar with a unique microwave tile-based design. The combination of the microwave tile and the Digital Beam Forming (DBF) backend provides a modular, programmable and scalable solution. The radar is configurable to meet operational, physical and cost requirements for both military and civil applications.
- scalable in size and power to meet a broad range of applications, suitable from 'Corvettes to Cruisers';
- full 3D multifunction capabilities;
- advanced classification capabilities;
- optimised for littoral and open ocean;
- evolves to meet changing requirements;
- very high reliability, no in-mission maintenance.
The briefing is at CEA Technology – 59-65 Gladstone Street Fyshwick.