The 14th Annual California Maritime Leadership Symposium, slated to take place February 19-20 at the Sacramento Convention Center, attracts key members from California’s State Legislature and representatives from California’s ports and the maritime industry. The symposium aims to encourage productive dialogue among maritime industry leaders and communicate port needs to California decision makers.
The symposium is hosted by a broad-based coalition of the maritime industry, headed up by the California Association of Port Authorities, California Marine Affairs and Navigation Conference, California Marine and Intermodal Transportation System Advisory Council, California Maritime Academy, Harbor Association of Industry and Commerce, and the Propeller Club of Los Angeles - Long Beach.
Organizers claim the event to be the only comprehensive forum for port executives, commissioners and other stakeholders across the state to seek resolution to the growing challenges the Maritime Transportation System faces.
The event’s highlighted speakers include:
- Assemblyman Travis Allen, 72nd District, California State Assembly
- David J. Arsenault, Vice President, Hyundai Merchant Marine
- Majority Leader Toni Atkins, 78th District, California State Assembly
- Leslie T. Blakey, President & Executive Director, Coalition for America’s Gateways and Trade Corridors (CAGTC)
- Andre Boutros, Executive Director, California Transportation Commission
- Jane Pacht Brickman, Professor of History, United States Merchant Marine Academy
- Kristin Decas, CEO & Port Director, Port of Hueneme
- Cassie Doyle, Consul General, Consulate General of Canada, San Francisco/Silicon Valley
- Gina Krueger Herrera, Director, The Energy Coalition
- Fran Inman, Senior Vice President, Majestic Realty Co.
- Senator Ricardo Lara, 33rd Senate District, State of California
- Victor La Rosa, CEO/President, Cofounder, Total Transportation Services, Inc. (TTSI)
- Anil Mathur, President and CEO, Alaska Tanker Company
- Bill Mongelluzzo, Senior Editor, Journal of Commerce
- Monique Moyer, Executive Director, Port of San Francisco
- Daniel Smith, Principal, The Tioga Group, Inc.
- Richard D. Steinke, Director, Marine Terminals, Moffatt & Nichol
- Susan E. Anderson Wise, Member - Board of Harbor Commissioners, Port of Long Beach, California
- Betty T. Yee, Member, State Board of Equalization, First District
Registration is open online at http://www.eventbrite.com/e/2014-california-maritime-leadership-symposium-tickets-5602172248.