Gatekeeper USA, Inc. explains its marketplace and its innovation in container tracking and security.
Containers account for 95% of U.S. import-export shipboard cargo. It is estimated there are 200 million shipboard trips annually among seaports around the world. The market is expanding at a rate of 10% annually. Nearly 90% of the world's manufactured goods are moved by containers.
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) is the current standard, but must be placed within 30 meters of a reader device to be effective. The Gatekeeper Security Device is claimed to be 10 years ahead of RFID technology development. The company's security device is an affordable, multi-purpose security device to be affixed inside each individual shipping container and which combines various functions including being an intrusion detector, a geo-locator, a detection sensor of invasive materials and a communications device.
These functions provide:
• Protection from intrusion into and tampering of the container.
• Full detection capabilities for nuclear and radioactive materials, narcotic drugs or other dangerous or unwanted materials.
• Monitoring the location and security of the container throughout its voyage and transfer to land transportation modes.
• Communicating a warning of any attempted theft of container goods.
• Detection of spoilage & cargo contamination.
Gatekeeper USA, Inc., a Nevada corporation, located in Rockville, Maryland, is in the maritime container industry as it relates to container security and protection from potential terrorist attacks.