Change in Organization’s Bylaws Specify Revised Board Tenure and Structure.
The ISS (International Superyacht Society) announces its 2012-2015 Board of Directors and Past Presidents Council. ISS elections are held annually by peer selection. During 2011, ISS membership ratified changes to the Association’s Bylaws which now state that a total of 24 elected Board members will serve three-year terms.
During the 2012, 2013 and 2014 election cycles, the ISS Board will be in transition. For the current year and based on a democratic voting system, ISS members have awarded eight Board positions for three years and four Board positions for one-year terms with the opportunity to re-run for the 2013-2016 term. With the 2014 election, the fully constituted Board will be in place, satisfying the revised parameters outlined in the Society’s Bylaws.
Representing global interests, both the ISS Executive Committee and Board of Directors are well represented. Of the Executive Committee, three members are based full-time in Europe, two full-time in the U.S. and one with homes and business interests in both regions. Of the Board, eight are based in Europe, 14 in the United States and one in Australia. The ISS Executive Committee was elected by the Board of Directors during its Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show Board Meeting.
Executive Committee: 3-Year Term, Concluding 31 December 2014
- Ken Hickling, Awlgrip Paint, President
- Dieter Jaenicke, Viking Recruitment Limited, Vice President
- Bransom Bean, Fine Focus, Treasurer
- Rob Carron, Marsh, Secretary
- Norma Trease, Salamanca Marine, Board Representative
- Bob Saxon, International Yacht Collection, Past President
ISS Board of Directors
2012-2015: 3-Year Term
- Bransom Bean, Fine Focus
- Dorien Bilterijst, Moonen Shipyards
- Diane Byrne, MegayachtNews.co
- Victor Caminada, Amels B.V.
- Sylke auf dem Graben, Lürssen
- Michael Moore, Moore & Co.
- Ward Setzer, Setzer Design Group/Impulse Yachts
- John D. Venables, Naiad Marine
2011-2013: 1 Year of 2-Year Term Remaining
- AJ Anderson, Wright Maritime Group
- Jill Bobrow, Jill Bobrow Associates LLC
- Rob Carron, Marsh Insurance
- Ron Cleveringa, Burger Boat Company
- Andrew Doole, Show Management
- Sabrina Farmer, International Maritime Associates
- Michele Flandin, Oceanco
- Gary Groenewold, Westrec Marinas
- Isabelle Huet, Blohm + Voss Shipyards GmbH
- Dieter Jaenicke, Viking Recruitment Ltd.
2012-2013: 1 Year Term
- Danielle J. Grucci Butler, Fowler White Burnett, P.A.
- Gina Last, Dockwise Yacht Transport
- Chris Layton, Superyacht Solutions, Pty Ltd
- Scott Lockman, Marsh Private Client Services
Past Presidents Council
- Ray Carrell, MTU
- Lance Cushion, Ad-Vantage, Ltd.
- Richard Hein, VegaYachts
- Mark Masciarotte, DSG Associates
- Joe Purtell, Interlux Paints
- Bob Saxon, International Yacht Collection
- Doug Sharp, Douglas Sharp Yacht Design