New features for the industry-standard resistance and propulsion software.
HydroComp NavCad is a software tool for the prediction and analysis of vessel speed and power performance. It also provides for the selection of suitable propulsion system components – engines, gears and propellers.
New technical development
HydroComp has been working since late 2009 on the development of a new architecture for NavCad, and improvements to the interface. This new platform was developed with an eye to the future, and will provide a new structure for future development.
New development leading to the initial release of NavCad 2011 includes:
• Improvements to the NavCad interface, with a more table-oriented data entry.
• A new file format, based on HydroComp's new common file standard that was first implemented in our PropElements detail propeller design software.
• Advances in the Method Expert, derived from internal R&D projects.
• Extensive improvements to existing prediction methods, such as our work on planing hull resistance prediction (with the addition of spray drag, effect of propulsor lift, and more).
• New prediction methods, including bare-hull drag for barge forms and added resistance in seaways for workboats.
User list tops 475
HydroComp is pleased to welcome its 475th user of NavCad. Currently at work in more than 50 countries, notable recent purchasers of NavCad include DSME (Korea), Royal Huisman Shipyard (Netherlands), BECONAL (Brasil), Central Institute of Fisheries Technology (India), Danish Yachts (Denmark), Maersk Maritime Technology (Denmark), STX France Lorient (France), SeaNG Corporation (Canada), C.W.F. Hamilton (New Zealand), Newcastle University (England), Kenton Marine (Singapore), Armada Nacional (Colombia), OSK-ShipTech (Denmark), and ConocoPhillips (USA).
Celebrating its 27th year of operation in 2011, HydroComp provides software and services for the performance analysis and design of marine vehicles to industry, research, academic, and government clients. The company is proud to have served over 700 customers from more than 60 countries.Forecasting Hydrodynamic Performance from Design to Manufacture since 1984. Web: www.hydrocompinc.com