The Dredging Conference organized by Hinode in Kolkata on Thursday, January 21, 2016 will spotlight the vast opportunities that exists for dredging companies and other allied agencies in Inland Waters waters. The event is set to take place at the Park Hotel, 17 Park Street, Kolkata 700016.
Kolkata occupies a special place as a major Riverine Port and Inland Waterways hub and the mouth of the Ganges River. Being an exclusive program and considering Indian Government plans now underway for interlinking rivers, promote Indian shipping and upscale port development activity, dredging in India has gained worldwide attention.Orgainzers find an unusual interest having been generated with registration for the conference taken on a rapid pace.
Topics to be covered in the Conference include, (but are not limited to):
* "Opportunities in Dredging of India’s Inland Waters" by Dr G Y V Victor, Deputy CEO and Executive Director, Dharti Dredging
and Infrastructure Ltd and Secretary General, Eastern Dredging Association (India), Hyderabad
* "Some Thoughts on Siltation of the Ganges" by Mr Gautam Sen, Ex-Director, Marine Department, Kolkata Port Trust
* "Projecting Sediment Build-up" by Dr Rajat Roy Chaudhury, Ph.D, Associate Director, BMT Consultants
India Pvt Ltd, Chennai
* "Dredgers for Inland Waters & Minor Ports - Make in India - Why & How" by Mr Arindam Ganguli, Director, Shoft Shipyard Pvt Ltd, Mumbai
* "Multipurpose Cutter Section Dredgers" by Mr Basel Yousef, CEO, Dredge Yard, UAE
* "Dredging Contracts, Claims and Liabilities" by Capt Kapil Dev Bahl, Director, Murray Fenton India, Mumbai
* "Beneficial Utilization of Dredged Materials" by Mr M K Banerjee, Managing Director, Walter Craven Ceramic Projects India Pvt Ltd,
* and several more
Sessions will be chaired by :
* Adani Ports and SEZ Ltd, Ahmedabad, Col Vinod George (Retd.), Chief Operating Officer – Dredging & Reclamation
* The Braithwaite Burn and Jessop Construction Company Limited, Kolkata, Brig B D Pandey, Managing Director
* Ben Line Agencies India, Chennai, Capt K G Ramakrishnan, Managing Director
* IL&FS Maritime, Capt K P Rajagopal, Senior Vice President and Chairman, Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers (East India Branch),
Early registration is advisable to avoid disappointment.
To defray expenses, delegate registration fee per person is Rs 7,999/-
For delegate registration, speakership and sponsorship opportunities contact: A G Pereira, Director, HINODE Maritime Events
Tel: +91 9819852840, +91-22-41235359 email: firstname.lastname@example.org