Marine Link
Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Access to Santos Port Back to Normal After Fire

April 13, 2015

(Photo: Santos Brasil)

(Photo: Santos Brasil)

Access to Brazil's largest port, Santos, was fully restored for cargo and passenger vehicles on Monday after one entrance had been partially blocked for a week due to a fire at a nearby fuel-tank facility, highway operator Ecovias said.
 
Authorities had blocked the entrance due to its proximity to the fire at the fuel-tank facility operated by Ultracargo, a unit of Brazilian chemical and fuel-distribution company Grupo Ultra. An entrance on the opposite side of the port's shipping channel, in Guaruja, was not affected.
 
With access to the port restricted, Santos was unable to export 400,000 tonnes of soybeans and soymeal at a time of year during which Brazil accounts for much of the world's supplies, soy industry association Abiove said.
 
 
(Reporting by Gustavo Bonato; Writing by Caroline Stauffer; Editing by Peter Galloway)
Maritime Reporter Magazine Cover Oct 2017 - The Marine Design Annual

Maritime Reporter and Engineering News’ first edition was published in New York City in 1883 and became our flagship publication in 1939. It is the world’s largest audited circulation magazine serving the global maritime industry, delivering more insightful editorial and news to more industry decision makers than any other source.

Subscribe
Maritime Reporter E-News subscription

Maritime Reporter E-News is the subsea industry's largest circulation and most authoritative ENews Service, delivered to your Email three times per week

Subscribe for Maritime Reporter E-News