Innovation Comes from Diversity -Lloyd’s RegisterPosted by Michelle Howard
Lloyd’s Register (LR) has issued a global call for partners active in the area of innovative digital technologies related to the safety and performance of marine vessels.
In 2016 LR set out to materially increase the role it plays in accelerating the development and safe adoption of digital solutions addressing the growing complexity and operational challenges facing the global shipping industry.
The strategy focused on creating a network of innovation partnerships able to collaborate with LR clients to rapidly test new concepts and scale these to commercially ready solutions.
- Acquisition of the SEASAFE portfolio of software solutions, which specializes in real-time data management of on board loading and stability for vessels and offshore structures.
- Collaboration with QinetiQ to deliver world-class cyber security services.
- Strategic partnership with QiO, a fast-growing Industry 4.0 company, whose data platform and cloud enabled solutions are transforming how big data analytics improve clients’ operational effectiveness and reduce risks.
- Significant investment in Hamburg-based ship management software provider Hanseaticsoft, which provides modern fleet management software solutions to optimise workflows in shipping companies, offering new perspectives on processes and increasing business performance.
- Drive further operational efficiencies
- Optimize vessel and fleet performance
- More effectively manage the dual pressure of increased performance while striving for higher reliability and safety
- Harness the exponential growth of data to give a more holistic view of ships as critical, connected components within the global supply chains which they serve