Kvichak to Build Pilot Boat for Savannah Pilots Association
Kvichak Marine Industries, Inc., of Seattle, WA, was recently awarded a contract to build a 64' all-aluminum Pilot Boat for the Savannah Pilots Association of Savannah, GA. For more than 140 years, the Savannah Pilots Association has safely guided vessels on the 25 ½ mile journey from the sea to the port of Savannah. They require vessels with excellent sea keeping ability and maneuverability even in the worst of sea conditions, and again they are turning to Kvichak. Designed by Camarc Design, UK, the 64’ x 19’ vessel is powered by twin MTU 12V2000 engines rated for 1450 BHP each with Hamilton 521 waterjets and ZF 3050 marine gears. This combination will allow excellent maneuverability and a top speed of ~33 knots. Delivery is scheduled for September 2013.
Additional vessel features include:
• Overall length – 64’
• Beam, overall: 19’
• Top speed: ~33 knots
• Fuel capacity - 1200 gallons
• D-rubber / aircraft tire fendering
• Complete electronics package
• (2) Phasor K4 30kW Gensets
• Day galley & pilot accommodations
• 500 lb SWL capacity rescue davit
• E/R ventilation by Delta “T” Systems
• Main engine exhaust by Marine Exhaust Systems, Inc.
• 2 crew, 7 pilots