AWT Becomes PKP Cargo International

Maritime Activity Reports, Inc.

October 8, 2019

Image:  Hafen Hamburg Marketing

Image: Hafen Hamburg Marketing

Polish rail freight operator PKP Cargo has rebranded its Czech subsidiary Advanced World Transport (AWT) to PKP Cargo International. Besides the new name, the Czech company has obtained a new corporate logo and colours.

Advanced World Transport is the second largest rail freight carrier in the Czech Republic. In May 2015, PKP Cargo S.A. took over 80 percent shares in the company, and in November 2017 the remaining 20 percent.

In December 2018, AWT acquired 80 percent shares in the company Primol-Rail d.o.o., which in 2019 received a certificate enabling provision of the rail freight on Slovenian market.

Last year, the AWT comprehensive restructuring process began, which already has visible effects. In the first quarter of 2019, the AWT company recorded a positive financial result for the first time since joining the PKP CARGO Group, and this positive tendency was confirmed by a good result obtained in the entire first half of 2019.

“We would like to develop the PKP CARGO Group operations in new markets and gain new customers. AWT has an important place in this strategy. A striking reflection of such a strategy, as well as a manifestation of the further integration of AWT in the PKP CARGO Group is the rebranding of the company, consisting in changing its name, logo and corporate colours,” said CzesĹ‚aw Warsewicz, Chairman of the Management Board of PKP CARGO S.A.

"The new name – PKP Cargo International – is to identify more closely the company’s close relationship with the PKP CARGO Group and better reflect its activities on the international market. I hope that this change, in connection with the better and better results of the company, will be welcomed by its staff as well as by the company’s customers, its contractors and business partners,”  Warsewicz added.

“The AWT company increases its presence abroad. Due to acquisitions and obtaining new licenses, we are increasing the transport on the north-south routes, especially in the so called Three Seas region, between the Adriatic, Baltic and Black Sea ports," said Maciej Walczyk, Chairman of the Management Board of PKP Cargo International.

Maritime Reporter Magazine Cover Oct 2019 - Marine Design Annual

Maritime Reporter and Engineering News’ first edition was published in New York City in 1883 and became our flagship publication in 1939. It is the world’s largest audited circulation magazine serving the global maritime industry, delivering more insightful editorial and news to more industry decision makers than any other source.

Subscribe
Maritime Reporter E-News subscription

Maritime Reporter E-News is the maritime industry's largest circulation and most authoritative ENews Service, delivered to your Email three times per week

Subscribe for Maritime Reporter E-News