GLG Shipyard Applies Finishing Touches to 'Biscayne Bay'
Great Lakes Group says it has reached the final stages of the routine maintenance and drydock contract on the USCG Cutter BISCAYNE BAY, the second of the USCG’s six Great Lakes-stationed 140-foot Bay-class ice-breaking tugs to be drydocked in the Group's shipyard.
The mainenance project included:
- Hull Plating and Ultrasonic Testing
- Appendages and Leak Test
- Shaft Seal Assembly and Overhaul
- Rudder Assembly, Remove, Inspect and Reinstall
- Anchor Windlass, Level 2 Inspect and Repair
- Vertical Capstan, Level 2 Inspect and Repair
- Propulsion Shafting, Remove, Inspect, and Reinstall
- Various Cleaning, Inspections, and Repairs