Hempel Launches New Antifouling Solution
Hempel launched Atlantic+, a new antifouling coating.
According to Hempel, Atlantic+ is designed to protect the hull from fouling throughout service intervals of up to 60 months suitable for all vessel types and all water temperatures.
To complete its mission, Atlantic+ incorporates a biocide package and proven binder system. In addition, the new coating is reinforced with Hempel's patented microfiber technology at a higher level of the company's strongest cargo hold coating – Hempadur Ultra Strength Fiber. The science behind the microfiber technology involves introducing an internal skeleton of fibers into the paint to enhance its mechanical strength – in the same way that steel rods can be inserted into concrete to reinforce a physical structure.
Atlantic+ at a glance:
- Mid-tier antifouling
- Reinforced with patented microfiber technology to improve mechanical strength and reduce repair cost
- Suitable for all vessel types and in all trading conditions
- Effective from first contact with water with controlled polishing throughout the service interval
- Offers easy overcoating
- High volume solids and low VOCs
- Designed for docking intervals up to 60 months