WireCo Acquires Netherlands’ Endenburg
Company will open new crane distribution center
WireCo WorldGroup Inc., the world’s leading producer and marketer of specialty steel ropes and high synthetic ropes, announced today that WireCo has acquired the assets of Endenburg B.V., a Netherlands-based company. As part of the agreement, WireCo will establish a crane rope distribution center at the current Gouda location, called the WireCo Crane Center.
Founded in 1855 and headquartered in Gouda, Netherlands, Endenburg supplies hoisting and lifting gear including steel wire ropes, shackles, fiber ropes and custom-made tarpaulin covers for the shipping, towing, construction and transport industry. The Endenburg name will not be continued and all activities will be incorporated into current WireCo business units.
The Gouda location will now exclusively service WireCo’s distribution partners and select OEM’s, focusing on our Casar and Oliveira crane ropes, while WireCo’s German fabrication and distribution center will continue to operate.
The new WireCo facility, located near the Rotterdam port, will allow WireCo to be “close to the market” with turnaround times within 24 hours when needed.
“The new WireCo Crane Rope Distribution Center in Gouda will allow WireCo to adjust to changing markets by reducing order to shipment turnaround time, while also providing new opportunities to improve services to our distributors,” said Blake Chandler, WireCo Senior Vice President. “This new facility establishes a key central stocking location with good inland transportation routes near the Rotterdam Port, allowing WireCo to provide quicker response times to support both our European and international distributors.”
Chandler has appointed Marc Altena to server as general manager of the WireCo Crane Center which will commence operations in mid-April. Altena has managed the distribution center of Ymuiden Fishing in the Netherlands.
Endenburg’s current maritime, offshore and heavy lifting departments will continue from Lankhorst Ropes located in Dordrecht, the Netherlands, under the Lankhorst Ropes name.