The Next Generation of Hull Performance Management
Hull performance monitoring solutions can offer significant fuel savings potential, a fact that is prompting growing interest from the maritime industry. To spur development and increase awareness of this exciting field, DNV GL and paint manufacturer Jotun have created the Hull Performance & Insight Conference (HullPIC), to take place for the first time this year in Castello di Pavone, Italy from April 13-15. The conference will examine standards for hull and propeller performance as well as the common challenges and solutions that can help shipowners realize potential fuel savings.
- •SO 19030: Why the standard is needed, what it covers and how it has been developed
- Insights from a joint industry project on hull performance monitoring for container ships
- White, grey and black box modeling in ship performance evaluation and prediction
- Cooperative robotics: Technology for future underwater cleaning
- Computing hull and propeller performance: Ship model alternatives and data acquisition methods