HydroComp Announces PropExpert 2010
HydroComp PropExpert is a software tool for the sizing and analysis of propellers for workboats and pleasure craft. It provides the tools needed for the proper selection of propulsion system components - engine, gear and propeller.
Development in 2010 has produced a number of new features for PropExpert, including:
• Speed prediction – New speed prediction algorithms were developed to insure accurate prediction of real speed and power for Catamarans, Riverboats (new), and Sailboats.
• Additional vessel types – In addition to the standard “Displacement”, “Planing” and other vessel types, new types (e.g., Riverboat) allow for improved prediction of associated Vessel parameters and speed prediction.
• New data checking – Additional data checks confirm reliable performance, such as a new check for face cavitation with highly cupped propeller.
Upcoming planned development efforts include:
• A performance correction is in development for the effect of camber (progressive pitch).
• PropExpert will be able to help correlate the analysis of a Prior trial to known values from an “overload test”, which will aid in describing accurate performance.
HydroComp noted the sale of the 220th license of PropExpert late in 2010. Recent purchasers of PropExpert include Hargrave Custom Yachts (USA), M&J Engineering (Australia), MQNS Trading (Maldives), PAE Nordhavn Yachts (USA), Saunders Yachtworks (USA), SRD Offshore (Brasil), Thrustmaster Europe (Netherlands), Transmidiesel (Colombia), and ZF Marine (USA).