Update 3: Status of NY, NJ Port, Waterways
The Port of New York and New Jersey is open with the following guidelines and exceptions:
- The Port of New York is open to all tug and barge traffic carrying petroleum products.
- New York waterway ferries and taxi service are fully operational on the Hudson and East Rivers.
- Gravesend Bay anchorage south of the Verrazano Bridge as well as the anchorage north of the bridge is now open.
- The Hudson River is open to all vessel traffic north of George Washington Bridge.
- Tugs and barges are permitted to precede along the Arthur Kill waterway from the south with permission by VTS the Caption of the Port.
- All inspected passenger vessels are authorized to operate except within the noted exclusive zones.
- Anchorage Ground 21-C in Bay Ridge Flats is open to approved vessel traffic.
- Port Jersey Channel is open.
More specific guidelines and exceptions on the status of the port are posted to New York Homeport.
As the port opens, agents are reminded to provide updates to the pilots and facilities to ensure the efficient entry of vessels.