Flensburger Newbuilding No. 749
On Friday Dec 19 the naming and launching ceremony of a new 634 ft RoRo freight ferry will take place in Flensburg, Germany.
The freight ferry is the thirteenth of fourteen RoRo vessels, which our longstanding Turkish customer U.N. Ro-Ro has ordered with Flensburger. U.N. Ro-Ro is in ownership of the private investor KKR (New York), who took over the shipping company U.N Ro-Ro in 2007.
The vessel will be christened Cüneyt Solakoglu. The vessel’s godmother is Mrs. Zeynap Feryal Solakoglu, spouse of Mr. Cüneyt Solakoglu (CEO of UN RoRo).
Main particulars of the U.N. Ro-Ro ferries:
Length o.a. 634 ft
Breadth 85. 3 ft
Draught 21 ft
Propulsion power 2 x 8,400 kW
Speed 21.5 knots
Trailer capacity 255 trailers (at 42.7 ft length)
Payload 11,636 dwt
As of December 2008, the order books of the FSG are filled until the beginning of 2013, with the following vessels to be delivered:
• 2 RoRo freight-ferries for U.N. Ro-Ro, Turkey
• 1 passenger- / freight-ferry for BC Ferries, Canada
• 6 ConRo vessels for Cobelfret N.V., Belgium
• 2 RoFlex vessels for Rettig Group Ltd., Finland
• 4 RoRo freight-ferries for Seatruck Ferries Ltd., United Kingdom
• 3 RoRo freight-ferries for Ulusoy Sealines, Turkey