CargoSmart Limited, a global shipment management software solutions provider that leverages big data for greater visibility and benchmarking, announced it has added premium features to its sailing schedule search engine, Big Schedules. Available on a subscription basis, the new features allow shippers and logistics service providers to have deeper insights into their shipment planning through sailing schedules and live vessel tracking.
Snce its launch in July 2015, nearly 4,000 registered users have made more than 238,000 searches through the Big Schedules sailing schedule search and vessel tracking platform. Ongoing supply chain disruptions around global ports, such as strikes, typhoons and floods, are increasing the need for close monitoring of vessel schedules and performance to optimize operations.
Available as a beta release in December 2015, 130 shippers and logistics service providers tested the premium features. “Shippers are seeking greater control over planning and require better reporting and analytics tools,” said Lionel Louie, chief commercial officer of CargoSmart. “The Big Schedules premium features let importers and exporters leverage CargoSmart’s data and analytics to improve their shipment planning and discover potential delays earlier to save costs.”
Big Schedules actively sources ocean carriers’ published sailing schedules and live vessel location data to provide personalized search results in a visual format to help subscribers make more informed decisions, faster. The new premium features build upon the core sailing schedule and vessel tracking features to offer further visualization and personalization to more easily spot delays and analyze performance.
Now with Big Schedules, exporters and importers can:
- Discover events impacting schedules – In sailing schedule search results, identify potential delays from well-known events such as strikes or typhoons affecting port regions.
- Compare schedules – Select schedules to compare side by side when choosing services, including cut-off dates, transit times, and on-time percentages.
- Spot potential arrival delays earlier – Identify potential delays in service routes when tracking hot shipments by vessel.
- Track vessels faster – Set up and maintain a vessel watch list directly from sailing schedule search results.
Pricing and Availability
Big Schedules is available online in three service levels:
- Public – Free sailing schedule search features with no login required.
- Basic – Free with registration. Includes schedule sharing, saved favorite searches, vessel tracking, and schedule reliability. Also available as a mobile app.
- Premium – Packages starting at US $7.50 per month. Includes the deepest level of insight into sailing schedules and vessel tracking with event monitoring alert indicators, schedule comparison analysis, a personalized vessel watch list, and vessel arrival delay alerts.