Coast Guard Searching for 2 People East of Jupiter Inlet
The Coast Guard continues to search Tuesday for two missing people 46 miles east of Jupiter Inlet.
The two people missing are a Bahamian national, a suspected migrant smuggler, and a 9-year-old Haitian national. They went missing after an 18-foot boat capsized, with 11 people aboard, Sunday in an apparent migrant smuggling venture from Freeport, Bahamas to Miami.
Watchstanders at Coast Guard Sector Miami received a notification from a good Samaritan vessel stating they were on scene with nine people in the water from a capsized 18-foot vessel.
Search crews consist of:
- Coast Guard Cutter Robert Yered (WPC-1103), homeported in Miami
- Coast Guard Cutter Moray (WPB-87331), homeported in Port Canaveral, Florida
- Coast Guard Cutter Ridley (WPB-87328), homeported in Mayport, Florida
- A Coast Guard Air Station Miami HC-144 Ocean Sentry airplane
- A Coast Guard Air Station Clearwater HC-130 Hercules airplane