Tanker Delivery - MV Eagle Sapporo
Mitsui Engineering & Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. (MES) completed and delivered a 110,000 dwt type double hull crude oil tanker, the Eagle Sapporo (MES Hull No. 1696) at its Chiba Works to Maybaru Shipping & Trading Pte Ltd, Singapore on December 10, 2008.
This is the 11th Aframax Tanker in this series which has the largest deadweight and the largest cargo tank capacity with 42 meter beam and an overall length 804 ft.
• The vessel has a cargo tank capacity of 128,000 m3 and deadweight of 110,400 tons, which are the largest class for Aframax Tanker with 42 meter beam.
• The vessel has the newest hull form including bulbous bow stern arrangement and has MIPB (Mitsui Integrated Propeller Boss with Wing) as energy-saving device, they leads to the highest propulsion performance for Aframax tanker.
• The main engine is equipped with the electronic-controlled lubrication system to minimize the engine cylinder lubricating oil.
• Fixed type flammable gas detecting system is applied in the ballast tanks and the pump room.
• The cargo pump with self-stripping system is equipped to enable easy operations.
• Electronic Chart Display Information System (ECDIS), Automatic Ship Identification System (AIS) and Voyage Data Recorder (VDR) are installed for better route planning and safe navigation.
• Ballast water exchange can be done by sequential method for protection of marine environment.
• The Main engine and Generator engine satisfy the IMO Standards for prevention of air pollution.