ESG Launches Another Z Drive tug for McAllister
Eastern Shipbuilding Group has announced the launch of the Escort/Rescue ZDrive Tug CAPT. JIM McALLISTER for McAllister Towing on March 19, 2019.
This Escort/Rescue Z-Drive Tug design provided by Jensen Maritime Consultants is currently under construction at Eastern’s Allanton facility. The vessel is scheduled to deliver later in 2019.
Present at the launch was the Owners’ onsite representative, Jamie Thibodeaux of McAllister Towing with Eastern’s project manager Patrick D’Isernia. The CAPT. JIM McALLISTER (ESG Hull #223) is from the same 100’ Z-drive tug design provided by Jensen Maritime Consultants of Seattle, WA. The ROSEMARY McALLISTER (ESG Hull #224) was delivered in June of 2018 and in final outfitting is the AVA M. McALLISTER (ESG Hull #222) each constructed at Eastern’s Allanton Facility.
The ROSEMARY McALLISTER was recently honored as a Great Workboat of 2018 by Marine News magazine at the 2018 International Workboat Show in New Orleans, LA. The lead vessel of this four (4) vessel series is the CAPT. BRIAN MCALLISTER delivered in the summer of 2017 built by Horizon Shipbuilding, Inc.
McALLISTER TOWING is one of the oldest and largest family-owned marine towing and transportation companies in the United States. Founded by Captain James McAllister in 1864 with a single sail lighter, the company has served the maritime community continuously, earning a reputation for unsurpassed excellence.
The CAPT. JIM McALLISTER Escort/Rescue Z-Drive Tug features the following characteristics:
- ESG Hull #223: 4th Vessel in the Series of 4
- Dimensions (Overall): 100’ x 40’ x 16’-4”
- Total Horsepower: 6,772 HP
- Main Engines: (2) Caterpillar 3516E 3386 HP @ 1800 RPM, Tier 4
- EPA Certified Marine Propulsion Diesel Engines
- Main Propulsion: (2) ABS Schottel SRP-4000 Z-Drives Fixed Pitch
- Drop-in Tubs
- Main Generators: (3) Caterpillar C7.1 Turbocharged, each rated at 118kW @ 1,800 RPM
- Firefighting: (1) Caterpillar C9.3 Tier 3 EPA Certified Marine
- Auxiliary Diesel Engine
- (1) SFP 150x200 Fire Pump
- (1) FFS Model 300M Monitor, at 3,000 GPM
- Classification: ABS A1 Towing, Escort, AMS, Ice Class “D0”, but without ABS notation, EPA Tier 3 & 4
- Flag: United States of America