Port Master Plans for 12 major ports have been prepared keeping in view the requirements for cargo handling till 2035. A total of 142 Port Modernization and 30 Port Connectivity projects have been identified in the Master Plans.
The objectives of these projects are to promote port led development and to provide infrastructure to transport goods to and from ports quickly, efficiently and cost effectively and efficient evacuation to and from hinterland.
These identified projects will be taken up over the next 20 years (till 2035) for implementation in phases. The details of 10 Projects received from the State Government of Gujarat
, action taken thereon and funds allocated for the purpose are given below-
1. Ro – Pax Ferry services between Ghogha and Dahej in Gulf of Cambay
2. Training programme for skill development/capacity building of workers involved in Alang Ship Recycling activities
3. Creation of dedicated coastal infrastructure i.e. Berth to promote movement of coastal cargo/passenger by sea at Porbandar Port
4. Providing Broad Gauge Rail linkage to Old Bedi Port
5. Providing alternative road from Bhavnagar to Sosiya – Alang Ship Recycling Yard
6. Jetty for coastal movement of cement
, fertilizer at Navlakhi
7. Development of Marine Shipbuilding Park
8. Central Scheme for providing assistance to Major ports and Oil Handling non-major ports under State Maritime Boards/State Govt. for combating Oil Pollution and for mitigating measures.
9. Maritime Cluster in Gujarat
10. National Maritime Heritage Complex (NMHC)
Ministry of Shipping (MoS) has already initiated the process of selection of consultant for NMHC. MoS is also constituting a sub-committee for content development. The action for selection of Director NMHC has also been initiated. Maritime and Heritage Complex Committee under Chairmanship of Secretary (Shipping) will provide guidance on project planning and implementation.