IMO Releases Performance Standards for Radiocommunications
A new consolidated edition containing all IMO adopted performance standards for shipborne radiocommunications and navigational equipment is now available. Performance Standards for Shipborne Radiocommunications and Navigational Equipment (2008 Edition) is essential reading for the shipbuilding industry, manufacturers of equipment, shipyards and Administrations. The new edition incorporates all existing and revised performance standards adopted up to November 2007, including:
· Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems (ECDIS);
· Integrated Navigation Systems;
· Shipborne GALILEO receiver equipment;
· Survival craft AIS search and rescue transmitters (AIS-SART);
· Functional requirements for long-range identification and tracking of ships;
· Shipborne voyage data recorders (VDRs) and shipborne simplified voyage data recorders (S-VDRs);
· Navigation lights, navigation light controllers and associated equipment; and
· Provision of radio services for the GMDSS.
The 2008 edition supersedes the 2002 consolidated edition.
The new edition is now available from authorized distributors of IMO publications (http://www.imo.org/Publications/mainframe.asp?topic_id=429) and via IMO's Online Bookshop. For further information, please consult the IMO website at www.imo.org.