London International Shipping Week Appoints Board of Advisors
The industry-led Steering Group running the inaugural London International Shipping Week (LISW) has established an official Board of Advisors which will act as guardians of the event to ensure it maintains objectivity and furthers London’s role as a major global maritime center.
The purpose of the Board of Advisors is to lend credibility and high profile support to the LISW event, its aims, objectives and international engagement; while also taking a strategic view of the impact of LISW’s focus, its activities and attractiveness of London’s role in the global shipping industry.
So far nine industry luminaries have confirmed their position on the Board:
- Dame Helen Alexander, Chairman of the Port of London Authority
- Jim Davis, Chairman of the International Maritime Industries Forum (IMIF)
- John Denholm, President (Designate) of BIMCO
- Alderman Roger Gifford, Lord Mayor of London
- Gerry Grimstone, Chairman of TheCityUK
- Ken MacLeod, President of the UK Chamber of Shipping
- David Moorhouse, Chairman of Maritime London
- Masamichi Morooka, Chairman of the International Chamber of Shipping (ICS)
- Quentin Soanes, Chairman of the Baltic Exchange
The Board of Advisors will have responsibility and accountability for reviewing and assessing LISW’s progress in achieving its strategic aims; evaluating LISW’s impact on the attractiveness of London within the global shipping environment; highlighting to the LISW Steering Group, any issues which may arise that have the potential to impact on the promotion and positioning of the LISW event(s) or concerns that relate to London’s role within the global shipping environment, and; reviewing the content and activities of LISW to ensure they remain relevant to changing market conditions.
London International Shipping Week – Propelling World Trade will take place between September 9-13, 2013 and will offer key networking opportunities as well as a day-long government and industry conference and gala dinner to be held on September 12.
The event is being organized by Shipping Innovation, a joint venture between Elaborate Communications and Petrospot, in association with a hard-hitting Steering Group made up of, among others, Jeremy Penn, Chief Executive of the Baltic Exchange, Doug Barrow, Chief Executive of Maritime London and Mark Brownrigg, Director General of the U.K. Chamber of Shipping as well as Hamish Rowan-Hamilton from TheCityUK.