Lowell Police Takes Delivery of new RIBCRAFT
The new RIBCRAFT increases the departments on-water presence and visibility and greatly expands their response capabilities on an increasingly busy stretch of water with good public access, a large beach, collegiate rowing clubs and boathouses, and growing weekend recreational boating activity.
RIBCRAFT worked with the department to build a boat that meets their diverse operational requirements. Featuring a forward positioned center console with windscreen, an upgraded aluminum top T-top, antenna arch with integrated dive ladder, the 19’ RIB provides a comfortable platform for long patrols while offering an open deck and easy access to the water for diving and rescue. Powered by a 115HP Yamaha, this 5.85 will reach speeds in excess of 40mph while still providing unparalleled safety and unsurpassed performance.
Features of the RIBCRAFT 5.85 include:
• Forward positioned center console with windscreen and cover
• T-top with aluminum top, electronics box, and red courtesy lights for night operations
• Antenna arch with integrated dive ladder
• Keel guard
• Heavy duty blue Hypalon tube with two rows of rubstrake reinforcing
• Electronics package complete with 12V/USB outlet, Garmin GPS, Whelen Hailer/Siren, department radio, LED light bar, and LED flood lights for 360⁰ illumination
In addition to serving the Police Department, the new boat will also provide water access for the Lowell Fire Department during dive team and medical rescue operations. Originally designed as a surf rescue craft, the RIBCRAFT 5.85 is small enough to maneuver in shallow waters and can be easily operated, yet large enough to carry ample crew and gear and handle large seas. This 19’ model is a favorite among departments for its versatility, durability, safety, and performance.
Extremely durable, stable, and reliable, RIBCRAFT RIBs with their heavy duty inflatable tube and deep V hull are an excellent platform for law enforcement, search and rescue, and marine interdiction.